IRS Resolution & Tax Preparations Specialists

Enrolled Agent VS. Certified Public Accountant

IRS Enrolled Agent vs. CPA

What are the differences between Enrolled Agents and CPAs?

The primary difference between Enrolled Agents and CPAs is that CPAs are licensed by state accountancy boards, and Enrolled Agents are licensed by the Federal Government through the Internal Revenue Service.

Enrolled Agents (EAs) are Tax Specialists.

Only Enrolled Agents (EAs) are required to demonstrate to the Federal Government their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. If you are facing a tax lien, wage garnishment, or if you have received a letter from the IRS threatening levies or garnishment, you must deal with this quickly and effectively before you experience serious problems.

Dealing with the IRS is a specialized area of practice and not every accounting firm offers these services. As an enrolled agent, Stephen deals with the IRS daily and can help you solve your IRS problems.

Continuing Professional Education Standards

Both professional certifications are earned and maintained through a rigorous process.  Both require 30 or more hours of continuing education every year, but the EA’s continuing education must be in taxation.  The CPA continuing education requirement is not specific to taxation.

So, while CPAs may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, ALL EAs specialize in taxation by definition.

Steve chose to complete his EA Certification before his CPA Certification because an EA is the best fit for Income Tax Return Preparation and IRS Issue Resolution.

Stephen Wallick, EA can help you develop the best course of action for your particular problem.

Please feel free to telephone us for a free telephone consultation.  We can be reached at 615-326-TAX9.

IRS Problems

IRS Solutions

Contact Stephen Wallick, Enrolled Agent today to learn how you can save money on your tax return next Spring.